New patients at Performance Chiropractic & Wellness can expect the following on their first visit:
- Fill out New Patient Forms - after calling our office and scheduling your first visit you will be asked to fill out important paperwork. This will provide us with your health history and information about the condition that caused you to seek chiropractic care.
- Consultation - At your first visit you will start with a consultation with Dr. Shelly where he will discuss your health related concerns. This will allow him to get to know you, your condition, and your expectations, so that he can determine how chiropractic care can meet your needs.
- Exam by Dr. Shelly – With your consent, Dr. Shelly will perform a thorough exam utilizing a variety of tests to determine the cause of the problem.
- X-rays if needed - Depending on your specific condition, we may also take X-rays during this examination. These enhanced, detailed images will alert us of any serious conditions and helps us to develop the most effective care plan for you. Your X-rays will be taken in our office for your convenience.
- Treatment - As soon as we have a comprehensive diagnosis of the extent and root cause of your pain, we will develop a personalized treatment program to speed your healing. We will first focus on relieving inflammation with natural and holistic therapies combined with chiropractic care. As the inflammation subsides, we will then focus on increasing ranges of motion to areas that have been restricted. This will promote healing and keep you pain free.
Our rehabilitation programs are unique in that our emphasis is on improving the function of the body. We have found that adding specialized chiropractic care, postural correction, and core stabilization is much more effective in restoring a patient’s function.
New patient forms
To save some time during your first appointment, please feel free to download, print, and complete our New Patient Forms before you arrive.
You can download our new patient forms HERE.
Virtual tour of office